Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The invites (so far)


Because I work at michaels I am always looking for a deal. I found the Cosmos set of invites from the Martha Stewart collection on clearance for $9.99. On top of that, I ended up using a 50% coupon and wound up getting 40 invites with rsvp card and envelopes for $5.00! Outstanding deal. Because I saved so much money on the invite set I don't feel bad about only using the pretty jacket part. I wasn't a huge fan of the whole white on white thing going, so I decided that I would get some inserts from cards and pockets. I ordered a sample of their vertigo style pocket insert along with several color swatches. The inserts start at 98 cents each, which I can swing because the jackets wound up being 12 cents each. I can still use the actual invitation that came with the set because it's a standard a-7 flat card. And because it's a martha stewart set, they have templates available on their website to help me set up the text in word and print them out correctly.

Right now I'm leaning towards a nice aquamarine colored insert. I'm looking online (because we don't have any at michaels) for some green paper with tiny white polka dots to use as an accent paper, but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know a good line source for paper/card stock?

No comments:

Post a Comment