Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dinner talk

The boy's birthday was yesterday and I made him a chocolate black out cake. We took it over to his parents house and had a nice talk about the whole dinner before the wedding dilemma that we've been dealing with. I hate to admit it but I really think that we either need to cut it completely, or we need to severely cut back on it.

My only hesitation is that we sent out the save the dates and which asked the guests to reserve the night before for a celebratory dinner. So if we end up cutting it, it will be glaringly obvious to everyone. bummer.

I was thinking that if we're going to rent a block of rooms at the hotel nearest to the wedding site, that they might let us use one of their smaller rooms. Then we could order in some food of some kind and have a nice casual meet and greet the night before.

The boy is afraid that this option isn't going to be classy enough. I am a little worried about it, but i know that the actual wedding is going to be amazingly classy, so I think it will make up for it.

If we end up cutting the night before cost to something like $500 to use a room and order in lasagna or pizza or something, it would bring our costs down by $4000! let me say that again... $4000!

When we told his rents that the restaurant that we booked had a minimum of $3500, their jaws dropped. As much as I love the restaurant, and as much as I would love to have the dinner there, I'm having an harder and harder time justifying the cost. It would be an amazing dinner, but in reality, we could have an amazing dinner with out the fancy restaurant. Our friends and family will be there, and that's what really matters. Even if we're sitting around on some folding chairs with a slice of pizza in one hand and a beer in the other. We'll have a blast either way.

I have to keep reminding myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment