so it's been a while, eh?
a lot of things have happened.
1) my dress came! and i love it! it almost fits. the under layer was a smidge too long in the front, the length between my neck and the waste in the back of the dress was just a little too long, and there was some extra fabric above the bust in the front. But other than that, it is awesome!
2) the boy's suit (ordered online) came, and it doesn't fit! not even close. The jacket is fine, but the vest is too short, and the rise of the pants is all wrong. We'll have to get him re-measured and have the suit remade asap. i'm keeping my fingers crossed
3) I ordered my wedding jewelry from here. 4) We bought the fabric for the seat cushions for the ceremony. We've decided to make 18 of them. So about half the guest will be able to have one. I'm thinking that the older people will appreciate them, but the real reason they'll be there is that I can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to decorate the ceremony space. It's on a flagstone patio that's about 35 feet by 20 feet. The isle is cutting across the short way and we're facing the lake (the building is behind us). So the only thing I could come up with is colorful seat cushions. With the fabric, batting and fiber fill they'll end up being just under $3.00 each.
5) I found some ostrich feather fringe online that I'm going to use to make my feather hair piece, and as soon as i have that figured out I'll post it.
6) I got three cropped cardigans from old navy for the bridesmaids to wear if it ends up being cold. they were on sale for $10 each and i had a coupon code for 20% off so they worked out to be extremely affordable.
7) We've decided to nix the welcome bags at the Family Get-together the night before because we couldn't come up with much to put in them. But we're still in charge of the adult refreshments so there's still some figuring out to do.